SHA Magazine Healthy nutrition
Garden Salad with Mustard Vinaigrette
What better meal for the summer than a green salad? Follow these steps to make this Garden Salad with mustard vinaigrette, a savoury and healthy dish from our Nutritional Consultant, Melanie Waxman.
[:es]10 minutos[:en]10 minutes[:]
1/2 head iceberg lettuce washed and sliced
1/4 block firm tofu finely diced
1 teaspoon umeboshi vinegar
1 carrot washed and grated
1 cucumber washed and finely sliced
1 cup fresh corn kernels
1 cup fresh peas
1 cup cooked chickpeas
1 cup black olives
5 kale leaves or any greens washed and finely sliced
Pinch sea salt
1 teaspoon mustard
1 teaspoon ume vinegar
2 tablespoons brown rice vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon mirin
1 teaspoon shoyu
1/2 cup water
1) Place the tofu into a small bowl and add the umeboshi vinegar. Mix and leave to marinate.
2) Place the lettuce, olives, chickpeas, carrot, and cucumber into a large bowl and lightly toss with salt.
3) Bring a pan of water to the boil.
4) Blanch the corn, peas, and then the kale. Cook each for less than a minute.
5) Place into a bowl and cool.
6) Place the dressing ingredients into a bowl and whisk lightly.
7) Add the vegetables and tofu to the salad ingredients, and mix gently.
8) Pour over salad and serve.