SHA Magazine Healthy nutrition
Energising granola bars
Homemade energy bars are the perfect healthy snack to take to the office, to have between meals or before exercising. Unlike the energy bars you can find in common supermarkets, these homemade energy bars, do not contain additives, sugars, colourings or preservatives. They provide us with vitality, are satisfying and 100% healthy!
[:es]20 minutos[:en]20 minutes[:]
- ½ cup of sunflower seeds
- ½ cup of pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup of sesame seeds
- ½ cup of chopped peanuts
- ½ cup of chopped almonds
- 2 cups of crumbled rice cakes
- 1 cup of rice syrup
- 1 sheet of nori
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and toast the seeds for 4 minutes.
- Toast the peanuts and the almonds in the oven for 4-5 minutes and chop.
- Crumble the rice cakes with your hands.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Toast the nori over the heat, break into tiny pieces and add it to the mix.
- Put the rice syrup in a pan. Heat gently, stirring.
- Mix thoroughly with all the seeds and nuts. Spread the mixture evenly on a tray, press down well and allow to cool down.
- Cut into pieces as required.