SHA Magazine Healthy Nutrition
Healthy Almond Nougat Recipe
We love offering alternative recipes to the ones we are used to, like nougat. At this time of year, nougat is one of the many sweet treats we ingest. However, conventional nougat aren’t very healthy.
At SHA, we’re the first to admit that we love eating delicious food, that’s why we create healthy alternatives that aren’t going to do you any harm and aren’t going to make you feel bloated after the holidays.
This Almond Nougat recipe is delicious, and best of all, it’s healthy too! Simply swap some of the ingredients for alternative ingredients that will make the recipe healthier and exquisite. Make this recipe this Christmas and surprise all your loved ones. They’ll never notice that there isn’t a single gram of refined sugar in it!
- 3 cups of toasted almonds
- 1 cup of buckwheat
- Half a cup of blended dates or raisins
- Half a cup almond butter
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 1 cup of rice malt syrup
- Toast the buckwheat in a pan at a medium to low heat until it goldens.
- Blend 2 cups of almonds with the buckwheat well. Chop up the remaining cup of almonds in a chopping board.
- Mix all the almonds (both the blended ones and the chopped ones) with the buckwheat and dates/raisins.
- Heat the rice malt syrup, almond butter and peanut butter in a pan. Once it’s hot, turn the heat off, and add the previous mix (almonds, buckwheat and dates/raisins) and mix everything well.
- Mix everything well and transfer it into a flat pan. Flatten the whole mix by hand until it’s uniform and flat and let it harden for 2 hours in the fridge.