SHA Magazine Healthy nutrition
Marinated Tempeh with Miso Sauce
Our Nutrition Expert, Melanie Waxman, has shared this delicious recipe full of immune boosting foods such as miso, ginger, broccoli and herbs.
[:es]40 minutos[:en]40 minutes[:]
[:es]4 personas[:en]4 people[:]
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger root
- 8 ounces tempeh
- 6 cm strip of kombu
- Sesame oil
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2 spring onions, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, diced
- 2 tablespoons mellow white miso
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon rice syrup
- Place the kombu, vinegar, shoyu, water, ginger, and tempeh into a pan.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Turn off heat and let the tempeh marinate for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the tempeh from the liquid and cut into squares.
- Heat the sesame oil in a large frying pan over a medium low heat.
- Add the tempeh and fry each side for about four minutes, and serve hot.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and lightly blanch the carrot, cabbage, and broccoli. Cook each vegetable quickly until bright and crispy.
- Place the vegetables into a bowl and add the cilantro and spring onions.
- Add the tempeh on top.
- Blend the miso, mustard, lemon, olive oil, and syrup in a blender till smooth or whisk together briskly.