SHA Magazine Healthy nutrition
Pan Fried Mochi Recipe
Our expert in nutrition, Melanie Waxman, has shared this pan fried mochi recipe to help the body to relax in preparation for a deep an restful sleep. Besides the mochi is made from pounded sweet rice so is nourishing and soothing to the kidneys and bladder. Give this delicious and easy recipe a try!
[:es]10 minutos[:en]10 minutes[:]
[:es]4 personas[:en]4 people[:]
- 2 squares mochi each cut into 4 pieces
- Sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons grated daikon radish
- 1 teaspoon shoyu
- 1 teaspoon tahini
- Toasted nori cut into strips
- Warm a skillet and add the oil.
- Add the mochi and fry on one side for about 3 minutes. Use a low flame.
- Turn the mochi over and continue to fry for another 3 minutes.
- The mochi will puff up in the middle and be crispy on the outside.
- Remove and place on a serving dish.
- Wrap a strip of nori around each piece of mochi.
- Mix the grated daikon, shoyu, and tahini in a small bowl.
- Serve on top of the mochi with a garnish of sauerkraut.
- Pan fried mochi can also be added to miso soup.