SHA Magazine Health & Beauty
Natural remedies to lighten your hair
With the chlorine of the pool, the sea, the use of hairdryers and irons, hair dyes end up in greens and reds in addition to dry and break the hair. If you would like a lighter and luminous hair in the warmer months of the year, without using chemicals products that damage your hair, keep reading the following natural remedies to lighten your hair: a natural, quick and simple way to lighten your hair at home. Take note!
Chamomile and Lemon
Chamomile tea is a powerful natural ingredient to lighten hair. Mixed with lemon (also a traditional remedy) will provide a healthy and brilliant hair.
- 1 bag of chamomile tea
- 1 lemon
- Boil the water and let the chamomile tea stand for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze the lemon and add the juice to the tea.
- Pour the mix over the hair and wait for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with water before applying your regular shampoo.
Honey, Oil, Vinegar and Cinnamon
Honey is a great ingredient to lighten your hair naturally. It’s known for helping repair hair hydration. In addition olive oil prevents the hair from becoming dry as well as nourishing it. Apple vinegar repairs the natural pH of the hair and smoothes its cuticle. Cinnamon is a natural ingredient that lightens your hair plus providing a delicious aroma.
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups of Apple vinegar
- 1 cup of honey
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Apply it over the hair or in those places you want to lighten.
- Cover up your hair with a towel or with a shower cap.
- Leave it as long as you wish (honey works well in room temperature)
- Wash it with water to remove the product. Sun exposure is not needed because honey contains hydrogen peroxide, a lighten agent.
Rhubarb is a plant with many healthy properties and a great option to lighten the hair during summer. You can buy it at the groceries or at natural stores as an infusion.
- 2 cups of water
- 1 infusion bag or ¼ cup of chopped rhubarb
- Boil rhubarb in water and let it cool.
- Apply the mix over the hair or in the areas you want to lighten.
- Let it stand for 10 minutes and wash it with water.
Bicarbonate of soda
Also known as carbonate, it’s a natural compound that in addition to lighten the hair helps remove the chemical products accumulation in the hair.
- 2 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- Mix the bicarbonate of soda with the water until it becomes a dough.
- Apply the mix over the hair and let it stand for 10 minutes.
- Rinse with water and apply your regular shampoo.
Repeat these natural remedies as many times as you wish. It depends on the intensity of lighten you want for your hair.
Now you know these simply natural remedies to lighten your hair, practice them and show up a shiny hair!
And also, at our SHA boutique you can find our beauty supplement for a perfect hair: SHA Healthy Hair, indicated to help, prevent or treat hair loss caused by hormonal alterations, nutrient deficit or due to advancing age.