SHA Magazine Healthy nutrition
Pasta salad healthy recipe (with smoked tofu)
Today we are sharing a pasta salad healthy recipe. A colorful salad with a fresh and natural flavor.
For 4 t/6 sharings you will need the following…
- 175 g wholegrain pasta
- 225 g block of smoked tofu and diced
- some salt
- 12 radishes in halves
- 2 carrots cleaned and cut in dices
- 12 black olives (optional)
- 175 g broccoli
- a tablespoon of chopped parsley
For the dressing:
- 2/3 tablespoons shoyu (soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 2/3 tablespoons cider vinegar or rice vinegar
1. Cook the pasta in boiling water with a pinch of salt for about 10 minutes or according to package directions. Put it in a colander, rinse it with cold water and wring thoroughly.
2. Cook the carrots and broccoli in a saucepan of boiling water with a pinch of salt for one or two minutes. Remove the vegetables from the pan, rinse under running cold water and then drain. Put the pasta, carrots and broccoli, tofu, radishes and olives (if you finally use them) on a large serving dish.
3. Put all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and whisk until blended. Pour over the salad and mix. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
Fry the tofu in a pan with some olive oil and drain it on paper before adding to the salad.
Yin recipe from the book Macorbiotics for Beginners, by Jon Sandifer, Founder of The Macrobiotic Association of Great Britain.