SHA Magazine Healthy nutrition
Soothing Arame Recipe
Our Nutrition Expert, Melanie Waxman, has shared this soothing seaweed dish that helps you to feel grounded and secure. Arame is packed with minerals that strengthen the immune. It is also very good for detoxing the body of pesticides and heavy metal pollutants.
[:es]Tiempo de preparación: 10 minutos
Tiempo de cocción: 15-20 minutos[:en]Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes[:]
[:es]2-4 personas[:en]2-4 serves[:]
- 1/2 cup dry arame rinsed and soaked in 1 cup water for 10 minutes
- 1 onion finely sliced
- 1-2 carrots finely sliced into matchsticks
- 1 tablespoon parsley finely sliced
- 1-2 teaspoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon sesame or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger juice
- Warm a skillet on a medium flame.
- Add the onion and a little water. Water sauté the onions for 2 minutes.
- Drain the arame. (You can save the soaking water for watering plants.)
- Layer the arame and then the carrots on top of the onions.
- Add enough fresh water to cover the onions.
- Place a lid on the pan, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the flame to medium and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season with tamari and simmer for another 5 minutes. If there is still a lot of liquid, remove the lid and cook on a high flame for 5 minutes longer.
- Add the oil and mix gently.
- Add the fresh ginger juice, chopped parsley and sesame seeds, and toss through the vegetables.
- Place in a bowl for serving.