SHA Magazine Healthy nutrition
The amazing benefits of Moringa
The moringa plant is beginning to gain much more popularity in recent months, with trendsetters claiming that just like turmeric was the superfood of 2017, moringa is going to take centre stage in 2018. This superfood has been used for generations in Eastern countries like India, Pakistan and Nepal, as a medicinal remedy to prevent disease and provide optimal health. However, the rest of the world is now catching up on these benefits and beginning to include it into their everyday diet.
This highly nutritious and powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant has many scientifically proven benefits, such as:
- It is rich in beneficial nutrients such as: vitamin A, C, E, calcium, iron, protein and potassium.
- It fights free radicals and aging. As it is rich in antioxidants, it prevents the damage and degradation that free radicals cause in the cells of different organs in the body, keeping them healthy and working optimally.
- It fights inflammation. We’ve covered the topic on inflammation, and how it is the leading cause of chronic illness and aging.
- It boosts brain health. Its rich source of antioxidants, vitamin C and E, enhance cognitive function.
- It has antimicrobial and antibacterial properties, fighting off infections and boosting immunity.
How to use it:
You can either take moringa in powdered form or as a supplement. If you take it in powdered form, you can add it to smoothies, teas or sauces such as pesto sauce or guacamole.
Adding moringa to your diet can be very beneficial to your energy levels, immunity, skin health and overall health. Try this amazing superfood!