SHA Magazine Health & Beauty
Benefits of Botulinum Toxin
The treatment with botulinum toxin type A, popularly called “botox”, is one of the most used non surgical esthetic techniques by the best aesthetic medicine specialists treat their patients with it around the world. It permits to reduce the expression lines and wrinkles without needing to undergo surgery.
A very easy application
The botulinum toxin is simply injected with a very thin needle, almost painless, in the zones of muscular contraction. It produces a muscular relaxation of the treated muscle. In few days, the skin gets smooth with significant wrinkles’ attenuation. This is a treatment especially indicated to treat crow’s feet and the wrinkle between eyebrows.
Botulinum toxin benefits
- No need of anesthesia, not even external
- No need of allergy tests
- It adapts to any face and way to move
- It does not produce variations of volumes and face proportions but it gives a more natural aspect than the stuffing products
- It is a thinly traumatic technique and it usually does not let inflammations signs and relevant hematomas. The patient can come back to his/her normal life after the first post treatment hour
- It can be applied at any time of the year
- The results are progressive during the first two weeks and become definitive after that period
- Skin is smooth, wrinkles are softened
- The effect can last between 3 and 9 months and it is recommended to have 2 sessions a year.
A wrongly bad reputation
The botulinum toxin has several detractors who accuse them to produce antinatural results but it is important to highlight that it happens very few times since the wrinkles’ attenuation level can be graduated to get the desire expressivity. To avoid any risk, it is important to make an exhaustive research to find a recognized centre that have all the sanitary authorizations, before subjecting yourself to this kind of treatments.
The botulinum toxin marked a turning point in the aesthetic medicine practice. It is a treatment that obviously, we recommend to improve your image and prevent the effects of cutaneous aging. At SHA we have truly prestigious specialists that perform this treatment, as well as some other non invasive aesthetic medicine techniques.